The running theme behind my ramblings seem to be these goals:
- Be able to think of and experience God/Jesus not just as some variable in the cosmic math equation, but rather as a dynamic, living being.
- Make it so the do’s and don’t’s of Christianity aren’t just rules like s contract put on me (transactional) but rather are part of the value system by which I think, feel, and act (principles)
- Believe that prayer actually does something, despite seeing so many cases where prayer goes unanswered and human effort gets more things done.
- Related to 1, have some kind of emotional investment in the faith by really believing in my heart the attributes of God.
- Related to 3, actually be able to trust that God will carry out his promises – even in the face of so many cases where he seemingly did not.
I need to take a break from these ruminations for a bit. There are other things in life that need my attention.